May Day and the promise of mild months

I keep trying to sit down and write a blog post today, but it's my last day of spring break and horror movies are playing all day on SyFy. Right now, it's Wes Craven Presents Dracula Three. Jason Scott Lee plays a priest bent on killing Dracula. It's hard for me to stay away from kung fu horror movies specifically, though I haven't seen Lee bust out too many awesome moves yet. I hope they are still to come.

I guess it's sort of fitting that my last day of break is May Day. Labor Day in many countries, Beltane to some, Walpurgisnacht to others. I'm definitely doing the protest against work thing today, but I will have to go unload the dryer and load the dishwasher at some point.

May Day is also my wedding anniversary. I was thrilled that I got to plan my wedding on a May 1 that fell on a Saturday. It was serendipity, and some days it feels like we are still in the honeymoon phase. Do I have a secret to a happy marriage? Let me see if I can name six for Six Things Sunday.

  1. Don't be passive-aggressive. If you want something, come out and say it. If something annoys you, say it, but in a nice way.
  2. Don't judge.
  3. Be grateful for the small things.
  4. Playing hard to get gets old after a few years. Don't be afraid to be assertive in the boudoir.
  5. Be just as happy and comfortable alone as you are with your spouse.
  6. Let your relationship evolve. Six years ago, I never would have expected that my favorite day of the week would be Sundays when the Saints play, but now... Bloody marys, chips, and dip and sitting on the couch with my husband is one of my favorite pastimes.

Comments

  1. Well, congrats and happy anniversary. I hope you had a wonderful day. My anniversary falls on my birthday which is April 23rd. So again congrats.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Excerpt: Meet the Fin-Laws

Musings on the role of family in my novellas

Please Welcome Allie Ritch with "Husbandry"!