Holiday-themed Story

I finished a little tale, "Beneath the Evergreen," for the Naughty and Nice anthology for Torquere Press. Fingers crossed they'll decide to accept for their holiday release.

I've already started to get into the feel of the holidays around here, though it is exceedingly difficult when the temperature is still in the 80's. I've have started burning apple spice candles -- a sure sign of fall -- and put out some fall-themed arrangements. I really need to dig out my wreath for the front door too. I decided on my Halloween costume: burlesque trapeze artist. I have that cute little velvet and fringed one piece from Lip Service, a black lace parasol, and some black flats. The right makeup... I can't wait to hit Frenchmen Street this year. I'll be sure to post some picture for you.

Today I also managed to pass the 20,000 word mark on my latest novella. I know I keep saying I'm going to get it done, and I think maybe today I actually will. Chapter nine and ten left, and the major conflict points are all set up. Everybody just has to end up at the right place at the right time. I think I can manage that, along with a little more hot sex. Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excerpt: Meet the Fin-Laws

Musings on the role of family in my novellas

A Touch of Flame by Caris Roane