Necessary Roughness to release in March

It looks as if Necessary Roughness will probably release in March at Loose Id. I'm quite pleased about that; it will be my first release of the new year, so far. I may be able to get a short story or two out before then as well, but I'm not entirely sure.

In the meantime, I've been reading Revision and Self-Editing by James Scott Bell. It's actually got a lot of great ideas in it, things that I hope to improve on in the future. I'll definitely make some changes when I get Necessary Roughness back from the first round of editing.

Also prompting changes is the recent review that I got for The Flapper and the Fellow. It definitely pointed out some weaknesses in that manuscript that I could see being a problem in Necessary Roughness too, since both heroines are unfamiliar with the BDSM lifestyle at the beginning of the books and, maybe a little too easily, adapt quickly to the dom/ sub relationship. I will need to throw in some more internal conflict for my heroine in NR to avoid the same problem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excerpt: Meet the Fin-Laws

Musings on the role of family in my novellas