The Week in Review

This week I finished my first draft of Holy Cross Christmas. It releases 14 December -- the day after my birthday -- with Loose Id. I have edits to do on it this week, and then off to my editor. I feel quite -- well, lucky's not the right word because I do work my butt off -- let's say "well rewarded" for my efforts this year. I only hope I can keep the pace up. I'm a chunk of the way into another holiday release, but I might sit on it until next year. We'll see. Beyond that, I'm not entirely sure what I want to work on next. I have plenty of short stories to write, but as far as longer works... I've got some good ideas, some completed outlines. It's just a matter of digging in to a new project, and this time of year is always hard for me to that in. Judging from the crickets chirping in response to The Flapper and the Fellow, I'm fairly certain My Two Doms will win back the readers that The Lovely Kittengirls of Mew Orleans earned, and maybe I've learned that I should write more in that vein, though I do love the historicals.

Maybe I'll just get those short stories knocked out and see what comes next. I hope you'll bear with me until my mind's made up. Ciao for now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excerpt: Meet the Fin-Laws

Musings on the role of family in my novellas