In-Between Days

While waiting for word on a submission, I get more depressed than when I get a rejection. A rejection is something to work from, a place from which to grow. Waiting, on the other hand, is nerve-racking. I spend too much time watching my inbox for some indication of whether I'll be published. I would say this is one of the hardest parts of writing, particularly since I am so willing to make changes. I'll alter anything in a story -- nearly -- to make an editor happy; my one condition is that my name is on the book. As a professional writer, I welcome rewrites. These days of waiting make me second guess every choice I made in the manuscript and worry that they won't give me an opportunity to rewrite.

So, publishers out there, know this: G.G. will rewrite to your specs with a smile on her face. Just give her the chance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excerpt: Meet the Fin-Laws

Musings on the role of family in my novellas