First Review Blues

http://ow.ly/1f5Hp

I got my first review today from You Gotta Read Reviews. I didn't read the ranking first, just the comments from the reviewer. The comments were great and very encouraging from my point of view. She clearly got what I was trying to do and said some really nice things, but then I went back and realized I only got a "You Could Read" which is the second from the bottom. Of course, my shoulders slumped, I got that sinking feeling in my stomach, and yes, a few tears sprang forth. I'm so afraid that readers won't look past the ranking to read what she actually said...

Comments

  1. most readers don't judge by a review we let our own thoughts lead us. So don't let it get you down

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Excerpt: Meet the Fin-Laws

Musings on the role of family in my novellas